What is Arm Care?
Only Your Arm Knows on a given day how much, how far and how aggressive to throw that day. – Alan Jaeger
Arm Care is a phrase thrown around a lot these days and we want to simplify it for Parents, Coaches and Players alike. We have broken it down into three simple bullet points below so you can always know the simple fundamentals of Arm Care.
Arm Care is:
- Preparing the Arm thoroughly for the activity it is going to perform on a given day.
For Example: doing Arm Circles, J-Bands™ and any other form of standardized Arm Preparation before you throw.
- Prioritizing Recovery for the Arm after aggressive o r strenuous activity.
For Example: Post Throwing Band Work for the back of the shoulder is ideal (See Our J-Bands™ Exercises PDF Below); Other Forms of Post Throwing Arm Care; Some type of Cardio after throwing for blood flow and increased recovery.
- Listening to the individual’s needs when it comes to Arm Care.
Whether you are the athlete, or you are monitoring the athlete, you have to listen to the Arm and Body when training. If you are experiencing pain, be sure to back off and rest. If you know you can push a little more to maximize training, do so.
Know the difference between soreness and pain! One you can progressively work through — the other causes more irritation immediately.
“Listen to Your Arm” is our Arm Care Slogan and is the key to your prolonged success.
- J-Bands™ Exercise Routine: www.jaegersports.com/j-bands-exercises-workout
- CSP Elite Baseball Development Podcast: Building a Better Throwing Program with Alan Jaeger and Eric Cressey – https://ericcressey.com/csp-elite-baseball-development-podcast-building-a-better-throwing-program-with-alan-jaeger
- ABCA: Calls From The Clubhouse – Arm Care & Development Part I with Alan Jaeger –https://www.jaegersports.com/arm-care-development-part-1
- ABCA: Calls From the Clubhouse – Arm Care & Development Part II with Alan Jaeger, Scott Brown, Butch Thompson and Nate Yeskie – https://www.jaegersports.com/arm-care-development-part-2
- FullCountPitch.com – Can Long Toss Be The Cure To Pitching Injuries By Gary Armida –https://www.jaegersports.com/can-long-toss-be-the-cure-to-pitching-injuries
- Collegiate Baseball – Why Arms Are Regressing in the USA By Alan Jaeger –https://www.jaegersports.com/why-arms-are-regressing-in-the-usa