How Often Should You Do J-Bands™?
One of the most common questions we get from parents and players is:
“How often should someone do J-Bands™”
This is a great question and the answer is two parts and fairly simple.
The first bit of information we need before we can give the correct answer is whether you are In-Season or in the Off-Season. Once we have that information we can give our basic recommendation.
Keep in mind that our entire program, including J-Bands™, is all about personal preference so do what feels good and puts you in the best position for success.
We recommend doing J-Bands™ 3-4 times per week during the Off-Season in times of non-throwing. This keeps blood flow, range of motion and heat throughout the arm and makes it much more healthy when you do return to a Throwing Program.
In-Season J-Bands™ (And When Implementing a Throwing Program in the Off-Season
We have a very basic but hardcore rule at Jaeger Sports: You should NEVER pick up a ball to throw unless you have done your Arm Circles and J-Bands™ first.
- Therefore, the “How often should you do J-Bands™?” question is easy to answer when it comes to In-Season or with Off-Season Throwing Training.
- You should ALWAYS do J-Bands™ before you Throw. This could mean 5-7 times a week during the season if this is how often you are throwing.
- If you are only Throwing once per week then we recommend doing the bands before you throw that day and an additional 2-3 times throughout that week as well.
Listen to your Arm!
- CSP Elite Baseball Development Podcast: Building a Better Throwing Program with Alan Jaeger and Eric Cressey – www.ericcressey.com/csp-elite-baseball-development-podcast-building-a-better-throwing-program-with-alan-jaeger
- ABCA: Calls From The Clubhouse – Arm Care & Development Part I with Alan Jaeger –www.jaegersports.com/arm-care-development-part-1
- ABCA: Calls From the Clubhouse – Arm Care & Development Part II with Alan Jaeger, Scott Brown, Butch Thompson and Nate Yeskie –www.jaegersports.com/arm-care-development-part-2
- Jaeger Sports Arm Care Articles – www.jaegersports.com/articles